A recipe by Hugo Saint-Jacques.
Difficulty level: Easy
Total yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Marinating time: 30 minutes
- 700 g chicken thighs, defatted
- 1⁄4 cup (60 mL) salted butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 C. (15 mL) chopped ginger
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 6 coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 C. 1 tablespoon (15 mL) garam masala
- 1 C. (5 mL) ground red pepper
- 1 C. (5 mL) ground turmeric
- 1 C. (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 C. (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup (125 ml) tomato puree
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken stock
- 2 cups (500 ml) 35% cooking cream
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
Stage 1 : First mix the dry spices in a bowl. (Garam masala, paprika, cumin, turmeric and cinnamon). Cut the chicken thighs into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl, then season with half of the dry spices. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
2nd step : In a saucepan, melt the butter and smell the onion, ginger and coriander leaves. Add the rest of the dry spices and cook for 1 minute over low heat to toast them well. Continue with the chicken cubes and fry lightly for 4 to 5 minutes.
Step 3 : Then add the tomato puree and moisten with the chicken stock and cream 35%. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then finish with lemon juice and zest.
Step 4 : Garnish the chicken with fresh cilantro and serve with basmati rice and vegetables of your choice.