Slow Cooker Soup Seen Through My Gourmet Travel Lens Gives… this!
EXOTIC COOKING EQUIPMENT
Would you like to spend the winter under the sun and not under the snow? You can always bring warmth and exoticism to you! Let the slow cooker do the work and get back to yours cocooning. Simultaneously soothing and relaxing,
The best of both worlds!
Portions : 6 | Preparation : 15 minutes | cooking : 8 am.
- 2 cups dried green lentils
- 3 carrots
- 1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 can 796 ml diced tomatoes
- 8 cups unsalted vegetable broth (see Footnotes)
- 2 tbsp. smoked red pepper
- 1 C. Cumin
- 1 C. ground cinnamon
- 1 C. salt
- 1 C. harissa paste (see Footnotes)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- Rinse and drain the lentils.
- Without peeling them, cut the carrots and ginger into thin slices. Chop the onion and garlic.
- In the slow cooker, combine the lentils, vegetables, broth, spices, and harissa. Pepper generously.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low.
- Ladle soup into six bowls, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
It is stored for 4 days in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer.
By using salt-free stock and adding salt to the recipe yourself, it will contain less sodium than if you used regular stock!
If you don’t have harissa paste, substitute ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper.
- Calories 323
- Protein 19g
- Fat 1g
- Carbohydrates 64g
- Fiber 9g
- Sodium 602 mg