Losing weight with soup, is it really possible? Some say you can lose up to 10kg in a week with this simple diet! Do you believe that? It’s very impressive! That’s why we reveal all the secrets of this diet below, starting with choosing a soup for weight loss and going through the mistakes to avoid. Do it ! Get ready for the summer season!
The benefits of eating soup
Spring is the perfect time to start adding more liquid foods to your meals. They will refresh you and strengthen your immunity thanks to the large amount of vitamins and minerals they contain. In addition, they will help you detoxify your body and fight seasonal fatigue. If you’re a responsible person, you’ll also appreciate the fact that by making more soups, you’re promoting a plant-based diet that’s sustainable and kind to nature.
Such a lifestyle is also associated with reducing the risk of obesity and supporting weight loss. Besides helping you increase your vegetable intake, soup helps you stay hydrated, which is really important for burning fat.
Which soup to choose to lose weight fast?
Enjoying a bowl of soup can be an easy way to shed inches off your waist, but only if you choose the right recipe. Here are the ingredients to focus on and the ones to avoid in order to lose weight around your stomach and thighs.
what you can eat
There are different types of soup-based diets. Therefore, recommended ingredients may vary. But here are the basic rules to follow to lose weight fast.
- Add more fiber to your recipes. They help keep your gut bacteria healthy and promote overall fat loss by curbing your appetite. Foods high in soluble fiber include sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, artichokes, carrots, beets, green peas and broccoli.
- Choose vegetables with a low glycemic index such as turnips, celery, cauliflower, spinach, collard greens and green beans.
- Antioxidants are also important because they rid your body of toxins. One of the best choices for your soup diet is lycopene, which is mainly present in tomatoes. Remember that you need to add some oil or fat to your tomato dish in order for your body to absorb it.
Common mistakes you should avoid
During the diet, you should avoid certain products, as they will neutralize the beneficial effect of the aforementioned compounds. Here they are :
- Dairy products have a negative impact on your diet. So avoid milk, sour cream, heavy cream, cheese and yogurt.
- Thickeners, often found in recipes, can spoil everything. Avoid flour, bread and egg yolks.
- Instant and canned soups should also be avoided. Preparing your food at home allows you to add the ingredients you like, which is impossible if you choose to buy something from the store. It also saves you from consuming unnecessary preservatives, flavorings and colorings.
- Adding salt is the most common way to improve the taste of a dish, but it is not recommended at all for diets that aim to lose weight. So reduce the amount you use in your recipes or replace it entirely with herbs and spices that stimulate fat burning. These are cloves, fenugreek, mustard seed, cayenne pepper, black pepper, ginger, oregano, ginseng, caraluma fimbriata and turmeric.
- Even if you prefer creamy pureed soups, try to diversify your menu. According to scientists, chewing your food can help increase the satiety factor of your food and make you feel fuller for longer.
Soup diet for quick weight loss
Soup diets usually last 7-10 days. They can certainly help you lose weight, but to avoid the yo-yo effect, you need to maintain your hydration level after this period as well. For example, you can continue to eat soup at least once a day, but also drink teas between meals. On the other hand, try not to eat too much fatty foods, red meat and reduce the amount of dairy products. Sugar and carbohydrates are other types of foods to watch out for.
Here are the top broth-based diets you can try this spring to lose weight fast and slim down for the beach:
Broth-based soup diet
The broth soup diet lasts between 7 and 14 days and can help you lose up to 10 kg. If you choose this diet, remember that cream soups are limited as they are higher in calories and fat. So be prepared to eat soup 3 times a day. If that’s too much for you, you can also add lean proteins, non-starchy vegetables and low-fat dairy products to your daily menu.
Among the most famous recipes are garlic soup for weight loss, onion soup and the famous diet leek soup from “Emilie in Paris”!
cabbage soup for weight loss
The cabbage soup diet is one of the most popular. It is a 7-day meal plan that can help you lose 4.5 kg. Of course, if you strictly follow it. This includes eating chicken or vegetable soups that contain cabbage and other low-carb vegetables. It also allows you to add other low-calorie foods to your daily menu, such as skim milk or green leafy vegetables.
Artichoke soup for weight loss
This diet involves drinking seven glasses of artichoke water a day and eating a very limited amount of low-calorie, fat-free foods. It only lasts three days because it’s really drastic. During this period you should rest and not exercise. The end result is -4 kg, which helps detoxify the liver, kidneys and intestines. It also gives your digestive and endocrine systems some rest after working hard to process your food.
To diversify the taste of artichoke water, you can add mint leaves or fresh lemon juice.
Tomato soup for weight loss
The most important element of this diet is the tomato. It requires the consumption of tomatoes with every meal, not only in soups, but also grilled or fresh. If you limit yourself to eating only this vegetable, you can lose up to 2.5 kg in 4 days. For a less stressful diet, add other low-calorie foods to your plate, although this will not have such an impressive slimming effect.
This diet is a 7-day weight loss program that involves eating chicken soup with every meal except breakfast. Consume it frequently in small portions to reduce appetite and promote satiety. The recipe contains the following ingredients: broth, cooked chicken, herbs such as garlic and onion, and lots of non-starchy vegetables, including carrots, turnips, broccoli, and green vegetables.
In the morning, you can eat low-calorie foods, such as skim milk and yogurt, skim cheese, cereal or whole grain bread, and fresh fruit.